TLPTPW #71

RandyC
RandyC
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 3,545
Credit: 111,139,797
RAC: 0
Topic 224406

Rules is Rules:

1. Winner of the last thread starts the new one with a post of these rules. 

2. Chooses a future event which triggers the winner, e.g. post number, date-time, and records it privately somehow (yellow sticky, etc.) 

3. Everyone has fun posting until the target event is reached. 

4. When the target is reached, old winner posts declaration of new winner and also PMs them. 

5. Shortly after this a Mod will lock the recently won thread. 

6. No double posts. Violator buys a round for the house in The SETI Refugee Pub. 

7. Additional rule -- No posts that APPEAR to be blank - these will be ignored or deleted. (Sig lines do not count as part of a post.)

 

Addendum: Rule 2a. Winner may chose to have posters guess the trigger for an early win, and post clues.

Addendum: Rule 6a. The forum host cannot declare themselves a winner and therefore may post as many times in succession as desired.

Seti Classic Final Total: 11446 WU.

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,485
Credit: 616,039,497
RAC: 30,641

Congratulations RandyC for

Congratulations RandyC for winning the last game!!!

I am winning

Gary Charpentier
Gary Charpentier
Joined: 13 Jun 06
Posts: 1,300
Credit: 63,209,515
RAC: 13,805

Congrats Randy.  Was

Congrats Randy.  Was wondering if anyone was going to post - ever!

 

cecht
cecht
Joined: 7 Mar 18
Posts: 915
Credit: 1,069,973,721
RAC: 621,881

Gratz Randy, you lucky

Gratz Randy, you lucky fellow!  A New Year, a new TLPTPW.

I haven't been posting, or doing much else of what I did a year ago, because COVID. Not that I got infected, but because the old routines are gone. The more immediate reason is that I've been teaching myself Python, and developing an app for BOINC users (or at least for me). The main app works fine when run from the Terminal, but I've been banging my mostly empty skull against whatever I can find in an attempt to integrate it with a graphic interface.  Old dog, new tricks, same ol' story... :)

Speaking of dogs, our daughter is home for an extended stay with her newly adopted dog. We have an 18-year-old cat who really doesn't like the whole dog-in-the-house idea. The other, much younger, cat is bigger than the dog in size and attitude.  So things have been interesting for all concerned.

Speaking of COVID, my wife and I will be eligible to get vaccinated sometime in February. Looking forward to that!.

Ideas are not fixed, nor should they be; we live in model-dependent reality.

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,485
Credit: 616,039,497
RAC: 30,641

cecht wrote: Gratz Randy,

cecht wrote:

Gratz Randy, you lucky fellow!  A New Year, a new TLPTPW.

I haven't been posting, or doing much else of what I did a year ago, because COVID. Not that I got infected, but because the old routines are gone. The more immediate reason is that I've been teaching myself Python, and developing an app for BOINC users (or at least for me). The main app works fine when run from the Terminal, but I've been banging my mostly empty skull against whatever I can find in an attempt to integrate it with a graphic interface.  Old dog, new tricks, same ol' story... :)

Speaking of dogs, our daughter is home for an extended stay with her newly adopted dog. We have an 18-year-old cat who really doesn't like the whole dog-in-the-house idea. The other, much younger, cat is bigger than the dog in size and attitude.  So things have been interesting for all concerned.

Speaking of COVID, my wife and I will be eligible to get vaccinated sometime in February. Looking forward to that!.

Pets usually figure things out especially as the dogs keep getting bigger and bigger

I hope you can get the shot with no problems!!

I'm too old to learn new stuff like that...good luck!!!

I am winning!!!

RandyC
RandyC
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 3,545
Credit: 111,139,797
RAC: 0

Speaking of Covid shots, the

Speaking of Covid shots, the wife and I completed our second shots as of Feb. 4th.

Seti Classic Final Total: 11446 WU.

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,485
Credit: 616,039,497
RAC: 30,641

RandyC wrote:Speaking of

RandyC wrote:
Speaking of Covid shots, the wife and I completed our second shots as of Feb. 4th.

 

WOO HOO!!!

The wife and I got my first shot about 10 days ago and have my next one scheduled, we're on the Moderna one.

GWGeorge007
GWGeorge007
Joined: 8 Jan 18
Posts: 347
Credit: 497,093,841
RAC: 2,847,903

mikey wrote: RandyC

mikey wrote:

RandyC wrote:
Speaking of Covid shots, the wife and I completed our second shots as of Feb. 4th.

WOO HOO!!!

The wife and I got my first shot about 10 days ago and have my next one scheduled, we're on the Moderna one.

FWIW, I had my first Covid-19 shot Wednesday and had no reactions.  My second shot is scheduled for a month later.  My wife can't get her first shot yet because of outages/shortages due to the Texas weather thing and she has a different doctor than I do.  We've been doing everything together, except going to the doctor.

George

cecht
cecht
Joined: 7 Mar 18
Posts: 915
Credit: 1,069,973,721
RAC: 621,881

My wife and I got our second

My wife and I got our second Moderna shot about a week ago, administered by military personnel at a nearby convention center.  I had no reaction to the first shot, but my wife got "COVID arm" 10 days later - a big itchy red welt at the injection site.  About 5 weeks following the first, we got the second shot. Bam! two days later we were laid up with aches and chills, but that only lasted a day. After that, we felt great! It's a relief that we're immune, but still a drag thinking about following pandemic restrictions through the summer.

Ideas are not fixed, nor should they be; we live in model-dependent reality.

robl
robl
Joined: 2 Jan 13
Posts: 1,686
Credit: 1,309,705,245
RAC: 15,870

cecht wrote:My wife and I

cecht wrote:

My wife and I got our second Moderna shot about a week ago, administered by military personnel at a nearby convention center.  I had no reaction to the first shot, but my wife got "COVID arm" 10 days later - a big itchy red welt at the injection site.  About 5 weeks following the first, we got the second shot. Bam! two days later we were laid up with aches and chills, but that only lasted a day. After that, we felt great! It's a relief that we're immune, but still a drag thinking about following pandemic restrictions through the summer.

I too received my Moderna shots.  The second was a challenge in that I had chills so bad I felt like a paint shaker at a big box hardware store.  I too feel relief but there is still  a lot that is unknown, i.e. how long do the shots last?.  As for immune not sure I can buy into that since there are reports of some people coming down  with Covid 19 after receiving both shots.  There is still a lot that is unknown, but  1 or 2 shots are better than none.  Thanks to the VA for administering my shots.  Quite a professional operation.  

RandyC
RandyC
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 3,545
Credit: 111,139,797
RAC: 0

robl wrote:cecht wrote:My

robl wrote:

cecht wrote:

My wife and I got our second Moderna shot about a week ago, administered by military personnel at a nearby convention center.  I had no reaction to the first shot, but my wife got "COVID arm" 10 days later - a big itchy red welt at the injection site.  About 5 weeks following the first, we got the second shot. Bam! two days later we were laid up with aches and chills, but that only lasted a day. After that, we felt great! It's a relief that we're immune, but still a drag thinking about following pandemic restrictions through the summer.

I too received my Moderna shots.  The second was a challenge in that I had chills so bad I felt like a paint shaker at a big box hardware store.  I too feel relief but there is still  a lot that is unknown, i.e. how long do the shots last?.  As for immune not sure I can buy into that since there are reports of some people coming down  with Covid 19 after receiving both shots.  There is still a lot that is unknown, but  1 or 2 shots are better than none.  Thanks to the VA for administering my shots.  Quite a professional operation.  

My wife didn't have any problems with our second shot, but I came down with joint and muscle aches for the next day and a half. All in all, not much worse than a Flu shot.

Seti Classic Final Total: 11446 WU.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.