P@H WU's

melanie_severinsen
melanie_severinsen
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 5
Credit: 16,344
RAC: 0
Topic 188843

Ever since I signed up with that project I've been having a real hard time getting either wu's / reporting them due to the huge amount of down time they have, does anyone know why this is.
Since it's obviously just as hard to access their forum I thought asking here would be my best option

Paul D. Buck
Paul D. Buck
Joined: 17 Jan 05
Posts: 754
Credit: 5,385,205
RAC: 0

P@H WU's

> Ever since I signed up with that project I've been having a real hard time
> getting either wu's / reporting them due to the huge amount of down time they
> have, does anyone know why this is.
> Since it's obviously just as hard to access their forum I thought asking here
> would be my best option

Pirates? They only rarely have work.

Predictor@Home has not had any down time inthe last week that I know of ... I have been getting and reporting work with them all week ... and I do a couple WU every few hours ...

SunRedRX7
SunRedRX7
Joined: 11 Feb 05
Posts: 7
Credit: 35,418,739
RAC: 31,396

Predictor at homes been one

Predictor at homes been one of the most reliable projects of the bunch.

Their forums right here, and I haven't had any problems getting to there either.
http://predictor.scripps.edu/forum_index.php

ClarkF1
ClarkF1
Joined: 25 Feb 05
Posts: 3
Credit: 3,452
RAC: 0

You may have to

You may have to detach/reattach to the project as they upgraded the website etc. and the server has a new name. Some people may still be trying to contact the old server without success

melanie_severinsen
melanie_severinsen
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 5
Credit: 16,344
RAC: 0

hmmmm...thanks for the help,

hmmmm...thanks for the help, I have discovered that my key is invlaid now and am trying to get a current one but maybe its just I'm in a different time zone or something...I don't know by thanks for all the reply's

The Gas Giant
The Gas Giant
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 52
Credit: 387,465
RAC: 0

Melanie, I'm in Australia and

Melanie, I'm in Australia and have no problems what-so-ever with predictor. Are you having trouble just accessing their web page?

Paul

John McLeod VII
John McLeod VII
Moderator
Joined: 10 Nov 04
Posts: 547
Credit: 632,255
RAC: 0

> hmmmm...thanks for the

Message 9968 in response to message 9966

> hmmmm...thanks for the help, I have discovered that my key is invlaid now and
> am trying to get a current one but maybe its just I'm in a different time zone
> or something...I don't know by thanks for all the reply's
>
A reset project is probably all that is required.

melanie_severinsen
melanie_severinsen
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 5
Credit: 16,344
RAC: 0

> Melanie, I'm in Australia

Message 9969 in response to message 9967

> Melanie, I'm in Australia and have no problems what-so-ever with predictor.
> Are you having trouble just accessing their web page?
>
>
>No, it's both accessing the website and downloads, I just don't understand it..so weird
Do you get on during the day or at night gas giant?

And thanks jhon but with downloading the boinc 4.25 I had to uninstall the old version...only downfall I see with it is that there doesn't see to be a screensaver

Heffed
Heffed
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 257
Credit: 12,368
RAC: 0

> And thanks jhon but with

Message 9970 in response to message 9969

> And thanks jhon but with downloading the boinc 4.25 I had to uninstall the old
> version...only downfall I see with it is that there doesn't see to be a
> screensaver

Correct. 4.25 broke the functioning screensaver for many users. Mostly those of us with ATI video cards.

gravywavy
gravywavy
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 392
Credit: 68,962
RAC: 0

> > Ever since I signed up

Message 9971 in response to message 9963

> > Ever since I signed up with that project I've been having a real hard
> time
> > getting either wu's / reporting them due to the huge amount of down time
> they

> Pirates? They only rarely have work.
>
> Predictor@Home has not had any down time inthe last week that I know of ...

hi

I've seen references to pirates on several posts as well as this one, but can't see a project of that name on the BOINC front page. Is this a closed project? a test project? or (avast ye m'hearties) an in joke? Please tell me more, or post a relevant link

~~

~~gravywavy

Tangent
Tangent
Joined: 9 Feb 05
Posts: 6
Credit: 26,073
RAC: 0

> I've seen references to

Message 9972 in response to message 9971


> I've seen references to pirates on several posts as well as this one, but
> can't see a project of that name on the BOINC front page. Is this a closed
> project? a test project? or (avast ye m'hearties) an in joke? Please tell
> me more, or post a relevant link

Pirates@Home is a test project for Einstein. They test screensaver improvements, etc - work is vary intermittent.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.