Late W/Us

Skip Da Shu
Skip Da Shu
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 50
Credit: 21,231,806
RAC: 1,016
Topic 187899

Can someone DEFINITIVELY say that E@H work units returned late will NOT recieve any credit?

- da shu @ HeliOS,
"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to afford it."

Dennis
Dennis
Joined: 19 Feb 05
Posts: 51
Credit: 4,459
RAC: 0

Late W/Us

> Can someone DEFINITIVELY say that E@H work units returned late will NOT
> recieve any credit?
>

And I have a somewhat similar question.
What if we return our WU on time but the 3 others used for verification don't come in on time? Will our WU get credit? with they just be thrown out because they were not verified within the time frame given? Or will they just set there and "the system" send out the WU's again and try for verification sometime in the future? And if they are verified at a much later date, will we receive credit then?

Saenger
Saenger
Joined: 15 Feb 05
Posts: 403
Credit: 14,281,592
RAC: 13,120

> And I have a somewhat

Message 4325 in response to message 4324

> And I have a somewhat similar question.
> What if we return our WU on time but the 3 others used for verification don't
> come in on time? Will our WU get credit? with they just be thrown out because
> they were not verified within the time frame given? Or will they just set
> there and "the system" send out the WU's again and try for verification
> sometime in the future? And if they are verified at a much later date, will
> we receive credit then?

The WU will be sent again to somebody else.
They will get a new 'use before' date.
BTW:
For information regarding Credits look here!

Grüße vom Sänger

Bruce Allen
Bruce Allen
Moderator
Joined: 15 Oct 04
Posts: 1,109
Credit: 172,125,663
RAC: 0

Results returned before the

Results returned before the deadline (and valid) will get credit.

Result Y returned after the deadline MAY get credit. Y will eventually get credit if:
(1) no valid result has been found yet, and the result Y is valid
(2) a valid result X has been found but not yet deleted, because
other results Z are in progress and not yet overdue and the result
Y is valid.

Bruce

Director, Einstein@Home

Paul D. Buck
Paul D. Buck
Joined: 17 Jan 05
Posts: 754
Credit: 5,385,205
RAC: 0

> Results returned before the

Message 4327 in response to message 4326

> Results returned before the deadline (and valid) will get credit.
>
> Result Y returned after the deadline MAY get credit. Y will eventually get
> credit if:
> (1) no valid result has been found yet, and the result Y is valid
> (2) a valid result X has been found but not yet deleted, because
> other results Z are in progress and not yet overdue and the result
> Y is valid.
>
Bruce

Does this capture the example you desciribed?

Skip Da Shu
Skip Da Shu
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 50
Credit: 21,231,806
RAC: 1,016

> Results returned before the

Message 4328 in response to message 4326

> Results returned before the deadline (and valid) will get credit.
>
> Result Y returned after the deadline MAY get credit. Y will eventually get
> credit if:
> (1) no valid result has been found yet, and the result Y is valid
> (2) a valid result X has been found but not yet deleted, because
> other results Z are in progress and not yet overdue and the result
> Y is valid.

I have seen results of mine that did exactly this (SETI, I believe) but had not on E@H. Thank you for confirming the same rules apply.

- da shu @ HeliOS,
"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to afford it."

Skip Da Shu
Skip Da Shu
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 50
Credit: 21,231,806
RAC: 1,016

> > Results returned before

Message 4329 in response to message 4327

> > Results returned before the deadline (and valid) will get credit.
> >
> > Result Y returned after the deadline MAY get credit. Y will eventually
> get
> > credit if:
> > (1) no valid result has been found yet, and the result Y is valid
> > (2) a valid result X has been found but not yet deleted, because
> > other results Z are in progress and not yet overdue and the result
> > Y is valid.
> >
> Bruce
>
> Does href="https://einsteinathome.org/%3Ca%20href%3D"http://boinc-doc.net/_phpMyFAQ/index.php?action=artikel&cat=291800&id=504&artlang=en">http://boinc-doc.net/_phpMyFAQ/index.php?action=artikel&cat=291800&id=504&artlang=en">this[/url]
> capture the example you desciribed?

Paul,
Can I nit pick?

In the 1st pp, "If Result "C" is returned..." you define INITIAL results A thru D. But in sub-point 2., "A valid Result "A"..." you introduce result "E".

"...other Results, say "D", and "E", are in progress and not yet overdue and the Result "C" is valid."

Perhaps "...other Results, say "D", and subsequently sent "E", are in progress and not yet overdue and the Result "C" is valid."

Just a thought... please feel free to say out load "BS" and toss it.

Skip

PS: I for one have a VERY great appreciation for the doc work you've been doing for years on BOINC.

- da shu @ HeliOS,
"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to afford it."

Paul D. Buck
Paul D. Buck
Joined: 17 Jan 05
Posts: 754
Credit: 5,385,205
RAC: 0

> > > Results returned before

Message 4330 in response to message 4329

> > > Results returned before the deadline (and valid) will get credit.
> > >
> > > Result Y returned after the deadline MAY get credit. Y will
> eventually
> > get
> > > credit if:
> > > (1) no valid result has been found yet, and the result Y is valid
> > > (2) a valid result X has been found but not yet deleted, because
> > > other results Z are in progress and not yet overdue and the
> result
> > > Y is valid.
> > >
> > Bruce
> >
> > Does
> href="https://einsteinathome.org/%3Ca%20href%3D"http://boinc-doc.net/_phpMyFAQ/index.php?action=artikel&cat=291800&id=504&artlang=en">http://boinc-doc.net/_phpMyFAQ/index.php?action=artikel&cat=291800&id=504&artlang=en">this[/url]
> > capture the example you desciribed?
>
> Paul,
> Can I nit pick?
>
> In the 1st pp, "If Result "C" is returned..." you define INITIAL results A
> thru D. But in sub-point 2., "A valid Result "A"..." you introduce result
> "E".
>
> "...other Results, say "D", and "E", are in progress and not yet overdue and
> the Result "C" is valid."
>
> Perhaps "...other Results, say "D", and subsequently sent "E", are in progress
> and not yet overdue and the Result "C" is valid."
>
> Just a thought... please feel free to say out load "BS" and toss it.
>
> Skip

Nope, valid criticsm ... I am not perfect, Lord only knows how messed up I can get ... so, I do appreciate comments in either direction. What I can do, I do do (that does not sound right) ... but if it was easy anyone could do it ... I am still waiting for my first competitor ...

> PS: I for one have a VERY great appreciation for the doc work you've been
> doing for years on BOINC.

Thank you ... I do it for my pleasure ... it fills my day (when I can work on it), and every so often, someone gets helped ... so, let me go off and fix THIS! :)

Ok, I made a slightly different change (adding to your suggestion) see if that gets it for you ...

Skip Da Shu
Skip Da Shu
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 50
Credit: 21,231,806
RAC: 1,016

> Ok, I made a slightly

Message 4331 in response to message 4330

> Ok, I made a slightly different change (adding to your suggestion) see if that
> gets it for you ...

Super!

- da shu @ HeliOS,
"A child's exposure to technology should never be predicated on an ability to afford it."

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.