Hungry hosts could be a problem to Einstein?

msattler
msattler
Joined: 12 May 07
Posts: 459
Credit: 98,140,222
RAC: 0

Well, Seti is up, but comms

Well, Seti is up, but comms are so stuffed up that the kitties are still doing a bunch of Einstein. As I predicted would be true.

Another anomaly...
The kitties tried to check their pending totals last night and this morning, and it just brings back a page with the column headers, but everything else is blank.
We must have broken something.

andybutt
andybutt
Joined: 28 Oct 10
Posts: 14
Credit: 194,633,016
RAC: 0

Strange.was working for me an

Strange.was working for me an hour ago

Richard Haselgrove
Richard Haselgrove
Joined: 10 Dec 05
Posts: 2,041
Credit: 746,855,364
RAC: 692,464

And it works for me,

And it works for me, now.

Mark, I thought you were the one who discovered that the old-style database query at SETI and single-page task listing exceeded some sort of internal limit when you had too many to display. I'm sure the same code and limits will be in operation here.

msattler
msattler
Joined: 12 May 07
Posts: 459
Credit: 98,140,222
RAC: 0

RE: And it works for me,

Quote:

And it works for me, now.

Mark, I thought you were the one who discovered that the old-style database query at SETI and single-page task listing exceeded some sort of internal limit when you had too many to display. I'm sure the same code and limits will be in operation here.


Yes, I remember that. But I would have thought that there were many here carrying far more pendings than myself, and I had not seen anybody else reporting it yet.

And this is goofy. I just tried it again, and it loads a partial page then just stops in the middle.

archae86
archae86
Joined: 6 Dec 05
Posts: 3,021
Credit: 5,013,581,111
RAC: 3,030,984

Last three consecutive days

Last three consecutive days were all over 3 million cobblestones credited to GPU Users Group on Einstein as tabulated by BOINCstats. A very nice contribution, guys.

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,443,712
RAC: 0

RE: And it works for me,

Quote:

And it works for me, now.

Mark, I thought you were the one who discovered that the old-style database query at SETI and single-page task listing exceeded some sort of internal limit when you had too many to display. I'm sure the same code and limits will be in operation here.

I have the same problem, some overflow because we have so many pendings? Works ok until the pendings are in the range of 2K WU, after that stops to works.

Quote:
Last three consecutive days were all over 3 million cobblestones credited to GPU Users Group on Einstein as tabulated by BOINCstats. A very nice contribution, guys.

Thanks, we allways try to do our best. We are very happy to share our resources and be able to help our friends at E@H.

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Russ
Russ
Joined: 15 Nov 06
Posts: 12
Credit: 378,701,696
RAC: 0

RE: Another anomaly... The

Quote:
Another anomaly...
The kitties tried to check their pending totals last night and this morning, and it just brings back a page with the column headers, but everything else is blank.
We must have broken something.

Ditto.


***************** competitive jerk *****************

Bernd Machenschalk
Bernd Machenschalk
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 15 Oct 04
Posts: 4,031
Credit: 218,461,030
RAC: 44,448

This appears to be a remnant

This appears to be a remnant of the recent UWM power outage.

BM

BM

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,443,712
RAC: 0

RE: This appears to be a

Quote:

This appears to be a remnant of the recent UWM power outage.

BM


Sorry i don´t agree with that, we do not heavy crunching E@H at that time... all our production happens in the last 2 weeks.

And the page was working until we reach about 2k pendings WU, after that it suddenly stops to work for us, as far i know, still working for the others mates how have less pendings.

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Jord
Joined: 26 Jan 05
Posts: 2,952
Credit: 5,779,100
RAC: 0

RE: Sorry i don´t agree

Quote:
Sorry i don´t agree with that


You did follow Bernd's link, didn't you? ;-)
All the web pages, which includes the forums and any values read from your account pages --thus including the values for the pendings-- are read from the replica database server, which appears to be slow at times.

So it's just slow at updating your pending value. Perhaps something to do with the fact that it's over 2,000 of them, but in any case attributed to the server doing things at a slower pace than normal.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.