Gamma-ray pulsar binary search #1 on GPUs

Christian Beer
Christian Beer
Moderator
Joined: 9 Feb 05
Posts: 595
Credit: 96,904,763
RAC: 0

The CUDA port has been

The CUDA port has been delayed by other more important activities. So, yes there will be a CUDA app but not in the near future.

Harri Liljeroos
Harri Liljeroos
Joined: 10 Dec 05
Posts: 75
Credit: 547,271,196
RAC: 554,096

Server status page indicates

Server status page indicates that we have tasks left for about one week. Will there be more coming or next will be something else?

Richie
Richie
Joined: 7 Mar 14
Posts: 531
Credit: 1,636,886,592
RAC: 767,520

Harri Liljeroos wrote:Server

Harri Liljeroos wrote:
Server status page indicates that we have tasks left for about one week. Will there be more coming or next will be something else?

I was thinking about the same in February, but Christian Beer answered there is plenty of work. I'm sure they would announce in advance if availability of work for this app would really be coming to an end.

https://einsteinathome.org/goto/comment/154983

Harri Liljeroos
Harri Liljeroos
Joined: 10 Dec 05
Posts: 75
Credit: 547,271,196
RAC: 554,096

Richie_9 wrote:Harri

Richie_9 wrote:
Harri Liljeroos wrote:
Server status page indicates that we have tasks left for about one week. Will there be more coming or next will be something else?

I was thinking about the same in February, but Christian Beer answered there is plenty of work. I'm sure they would announce in advance if availability of work for this app would really be coming to an end.

https://einsteinathome.org/goto/comment/154983

Yes, currently the server status page shows work for about 22 days.

Sutaru Tsureku
Sutaru Tsureku
Joined: 26 Oct 09
Posts: 24
Credit: 101,737,268
RAC: 0

The server status page

The server status page say:

FGRPB1G search progress (...) 440.0 days 434.4 days 5.6 days (estimated)

 

So does this mean, that in 5.6 days no new tasks are available for download?

 

Then Einstein will not have new tasks for ATI/AMD & nVIDIA GPUs?

No other GPU apps and no tasks available for such VGA cards?

 

Thanks

Gary Roberts
Gary Roberts
Moderator
Joined: 9 Feb 05
Posts: 5,043
Credit: 34,771,729,527
RAC: 35,359,404

Dirk Sadowski wrote:... So

Dirk Sadowski wrote:
... So does this mean, that in 5.6 days no new tasks are available for download?

No.   My understanding is that the LAT on the Fermi satellite continues to collect data and that, after preparation, new data will be added to the pool for quite a while yet, just as it has been at various times in the past.  The status page doesn't know about this yet :-).

 

Cheers,
Gary.

MAGIC Quantum Mechanic
MAGIC Quantum M...
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 1,288
Credit: 405,143,446
RAC: 77,116
Bernd Machenschalk
Bernd Machenschalk
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 15 Oct 04
Posts: 3,906
Credit: 191,323,956
RAC: 51,135

Sorry, pre-processing got

Sorry, pre-processing got stuck a bit and we ran out of tasks for FGRPB1G. Should be fixed in a couple of hours.

BM

Gary Roberts
Gary Roberts
Moderator
Joined: 9 Feb 05
Posts: 5,043
Credit: 34,771,729,527
RAC: 35,359,404

MAGIC Quantum Mechanic

MAGIC Quantum Mechanic wrote:
Hmmm.....I don't see our names here Gary

C'est la vie!  I'm just happy that discoveries continue to be made.  I don't particularly mind who makes the 'find'.  I'd be much more disheartened if nothing was being found.

Cheers,
Gary.

cliff
cliff
Joined: 15 Feb 12
Posts: 176
Credit: 283,452,444
RAC: 0

Hi Bernd,Methinks your

Hi Bernd,

Methinks your estimate was a tad out:-) Guess the pre-processing is well and truly glued..

Best of luck in ungluing it..

 

Cliff,

Been there, Done that, Still no damm T Shirt.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.