Android "Could not connect" while fetching configuration file.

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 3 Nov 15
Posts: 261
Credit: 652,227
RAC: 385

O_O wrote:Many thanks Oliver

O_O wrote:

Many thanks Oliver for the feedback.

I can not take from my mind the idea that I'm, perhaps, the only user who recently tried to attach to the project using his android to notice and report this issue.

Are there other android users?

 

We're still diagnosing the problem fully, but the issue may be that new users such as yourself cannot attach to the project, while current users may still do so.

Unfortunately this will take more time, and Oliver is on holiday for a few weeks. I'm afraid we can only ask for your patience while this is getting fixed.

Einstein@Home Project

Joe
Joe
Joined: 24 Jan 08
Posts: 32
Credit: 815,711
RAC: 839

Just to confirm, the issue's

Just to confirm, the issue's not been corrected yet.  My desktop and old phone are working Just Fine, but my new phone can't attach to the server.  And, that link you gave is currently 404 compliant.

O&O
O&O
Joined: 9 Dec 05
Posts: 15
Credit: 10,400,100
RAC: 83,901

Joe_91 wrote:Just to confirm,

Joe_91 wrote:
Just to confirm, the issue's not been corrected yet.  My desktop and old phone are working Just Fine, but my new phone can't attach to the server.  And, that link you gave is currently 404 compliant.

@Joe, he mentioned ...

Holmis wrote:
On the Android mobile having the issue, what happens if you open a web browser and try the given addresseinsteinathome.org/get_project_config.php ?
Do you get a xml-file with project config settings or do you get an error?

So,... copy the address and paste on your address bar then hit enter, don't click the link above.

I received the same error when I clicked on it. But, I got the full XML page when I typed it in the address bar.

Also, this is to confirm that I couldn't attach to the project using the Android BOINC app. My last try was yesterday. But we are 2 days away from an official ETA response time Wink 

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 3 Nov 15
Posts: 261
Credit: 652,227
RAC: 385

O_O wrote:Joe_91 wrote:Just

O_O wrote:
Joe_91 wrote:
Just to confirm, the issue's not been corrected yet.  My desktop and old phone are working Just Fine, but my new phone can't attach to the server.  And, that link you gave is currently 404 compliant.

@Joe, he mentioned ...

Holmis wrote:
On the Android mobile having the issue, what happens if you open a web browser and try the given addresseinsteinathome.org/get_project_config.php ?
Do you get a xml-file with project config settings or do you get an error?

So,... copy the address and paste on your address bar then hit enter, don't click the link above.

I received the same error when I clicked on it. But, I got the full XML page when I typed it in the address bar.

Also, this is to confirm that I couldn't attach to the project using the Android BOINC app. My last try was yesterday. But we are 2 days away from an official ETA response time Wink 

Yes, the problem still exists. I hope to have this fixed soon. Sorry for the wait.

Einstein@Home Project

Oliver Behnke
Oliver Behnke
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 4 Sep 07
Posts: 766
Credit: 25,160,422
RAC: 0

Hi everyone,we fixed the

Hi everyone,

we fixed the problem and Android clients are now able to attach to our project again.

Cheers,
Oliver

 


Einstein@Home Project

Oliver Behnke
Oliver Behnke
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 4 Sep 07
Posts: 766
Credit: 25,160,422
RAC: 0

To those affected: please let

To those affected: please let us know if the problem is now fixed for you as well.

Thanks!

 

 


Einstein@Home Project

O&O
O&O
Joined: 9 Dec 05
Posts: 15
Credit: 10,400,100
RAC: 83,901

brevilo wrote:To those

brevilo wrote:

To those affected: please let us know if the problem is now fixed for you as well.

Thanks!

 

YES! It is fixed for me and was able to attach the project to my Android BOINC client, smoothly.

The task I got has a picture of Einstein Innocent  next to it and it is running ... Wonderful!

I believe I will get more E@H tasks later as my job cache seems to be full (have 7 tasks (5 running) from another project)

 

Thank you very much for your sincere care toward Einstein@Home community.

You and the project are the BEST!

 

Take care,

O&O 

Oliver Behnke
Oliver Behnke
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 4 Sep 07
Posts: 766
Credit: 25,160,422
RAC: 0

Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for your feedback!

 


Einstein@Home Project

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.