All things Navi 10

GWGeorge007
GWGeorge007
Joined: 8 Jan 18
Posts: 1,523
Credit: 2,711,143,120
RAC: 5,886,025

Tom M wrote: Between the

Tom M wrote:

Between the increased reliability of a Ryzen 3700x/x570 MB (Asrock Taichi), two generic blower-type Rx 5700's, and version 1.28 of the Gamma Ray #1 app I am floating along at about 1.8 Million RAC.

And I couldn't be happier :)

Tom M

Good for you, Tom!  I'm I'm glad you're settling down to a 'normal' mode.

George

Proud member of the Old Farts Association (OFA)

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,572
Credit: 5,260,896,441
RAC: 9,780,292

GWGeorge007 wrote: Tom M

GWGeorge007 wrote:

Tom M wrote:

Between the increased reliability of a Ryzen 3700x/x570 MB (Asrock Taichi), two generic blower-type Rx 5700's, and version 1.28 of the Gamma Ray #1 app I am floating along at about 1.8 Million RAC.

And I couldn't be happier :)

Tom M

Good for you, Tom!  I'm glad you're settling down to a 'normal' mode.

Don't get me wrong.  I still need to migrate from the mining frame to a tower case to help control my dust....

Tom M

Missing Tag.....         where? where?

GWGeorge007
GWGeorge007
Joined: 8 Jan 18
Posts: 1,523
Credit: 2,711,143,120
RAC: 5,886,025

Tom M wrote: GWGeorge007

Tom M wrote:

GWGeorge007 wrote:

Tom M wrote:

Between the increased reliability of a Ryzen 3700x/x570 MB (Asrock Taichi), two generic blower-type Rx 5700's, and version 1.28 of the Gamma Ray #1 app I am floating along at about 1.8 Million RAC.

And I couldn't be happier :)

Tom M

Good for you, Tom!  I'm glad you're settling down to a 'normal' mode.

Don't get me wrong.  I still need to migrate from the mining frame to a tower case to help control my dust....

Tom M

Hey, you're making progress at best.  And trust me, I know a lot about dust control.  Since we've gotten a cat, it is making 'dust' control a first priority.  I've got cat hair every where!

George

Proud member of the Old Farts Association (OFA)

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,357
Credit: 10,919,898,700
RAC: 28,784,053

My PC's get a good blowout

My PC's get a good blowout with a leaf blower every couple of months.  I have 3 cats now and I actually have more issues with just plain dust rather than cat hair. The input filters do a good job of blocking the big stuff like the hair.

 

Exard3k
Exard3k
Joined: 25 Jul 21
Posts: 59
Credit: 42,629,223
RAC: 53,747

Keith Myers wrote: My PC's

Keith Myers wrote:

My PC's get a good blowout with a leaf blower every couple of months.  I have 3 cats now and I actually have more issues with just plain dust rather than cat hair. The input filters do a good job of blocking the big stuff like the hair.

 

You can always use your leaf blower to keep the cats away from your PCs :)

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,572
Credit: 5,260,896,441
RAC: 9,780,292

I am seeing Radeon VIi's for

I am seeing Radeon VIi's for $300 on eBay.

There are nine systems with Radeon VII's parked in our top 50.

A rtx3080 ti is more than twice as expensive. And has almost twice the performance.

But a $300 GPU that can provide around 1.9M RAC (based on top 50 results) is very tempting.

Tom M

Missing Tag.....         where? where?

mountkidd
mountkidd
Joined: 14 Jun 12
Posts: 141
Credit: 7,219,473,816
RAC: 10,322,631

Some current

Some current RTX3080/3070/3060/RX6800 data to help in your decision...

The RTX3080 is a strong performer, but my RTX3070 is actually 9% stronger and my RX6800 is 35% stronger based on wu-crunched/Watt power input.  If you factor in the cost of wall power, the RX6800 is 26% lower than a RTX3080 in $/wu operating cost - ie, more bang for the buck!

I don't have any personal data for the Radeon VII (perhaps Gavin or Wedge009) but I believe its performance to be similar to the RX6800 at a much higher power draw.

Staying with the NV 30x0 family lets you keep using the Petri FGRP app which is a significant advantage over whats available on the AMD side.

 

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,357
Credit: 10,919,898,700
RAC: 28,784,053

Yes, that is a significant

Yes, that is a significant benefit being able to use any of Petri's custom apps which are much better in production compared to stock apps.  

 

catavalon21
catavalon21
Joined: 5 Nov 11
Posts: 22
Credit: 90,063,161
RAC: 470,678

Pile of cats here too, and

Pile of cats here too, and hair or just dust, always fighting bunnies in the box.  Box sits on carpet, yeah, I know, about as bad as it can get. <sigh>  I've gotten raised eyebrows from the Missus drying the car with a leaf blower.  Never considered the PC.  That really ought to be a conversation starter.

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,572
Credit: 5,260,896,441
RAC: 9,780,292

Or really get "blown away"?

Or really get "blown away"?

Missing Tag.....         where? where?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.