Albert@Home-homepage is down

astro-marwil
astro-marwil
Joined: 28 May 05
Posts: 425
Credit: 148,889,774
RAC: 4,850
Topic 217016

Hallo!

The homepage of Albert@Home is down since maximal 26h.

 

Kind regards an happy crunching

Martin

Saenger
Saenger
Joined: 15 Feb 05
Posts: 403
Credit: 15,924,002
RAC: 16,852

Up- and Download is fine, but

Up- and Download is fine, but the page itself is unreachable. What's the problem?

Grüße vom Sänger

Richie
Richie
Joined: 7 Mar 14
Posts: 403
Credit: 1,516,920,584
RAC: 2,632

This is a narcissistic guess

This is a narcissistic guess but I hope that website is taken down to fix something. I've seen a weird thing with Albert for about a week, though it's only graphical. Albert disappeared completely from my projects lists at all three projects I'm participating in. When I look at my projects I see there only 2 names, but there should be 2 + Albert. Even at my Albert account page it didn't show it's name on the list anymore until site went down.

Still I haven't had any problems running tasks during this weird period. Funny, my computer is running tasks for a ghost project that's not visible for me. I tried looking at my profiles also while logged out and noup, I can't see it there.

Also BOINCstats at least has been unable to gather data from Al' for some time. There's only zeros everywhere from the last week.

 

edit: It seems to have disappeared from other users' lists, I'm not alone. What's the connection between us. Did that large beam of light catch you too while you were a kid... and then you found yourself hovering in alien space ship...

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 3 Nov 15
Posts: 273
Credit: 699,324
RAC: 308

astro-marwil

astro-marwil wrote:

Hallo!

The homepage of Albert@Home is down since maximal 26h.

I just learned about this and will look into the problem. It's a holiday weekend so things may be a bit slower to recover. I also don't know if the corss-project stats is related or not.

Einstein@Home Project

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 3 Nov 15
Posts: 273
Credit: 699,324
RAC: 308

Richie wrote:Also BOINCstats

Richie wrote:

Also BOINCstats at least has been unable to gather data from Al' for some time. There's only zeros everywhere from the last week.

edit: It seems to have disappeared from other users' lists, I'm not alone. What's the connection between us. Did that large beam of light catch you too while you were a kid... and then you found yourself hovering in alien space ship...

Statistics exports are now a separate setting for accounts on Albert@Home. This is now default to Off for volunteers unless you consent to the statistics exports. You may find this option in Accounts -> Preferences -> Privacy. Please enable this option at Albert@Home, once the Web site works, and see if the cross-project table and BOINCStats now see your Albert@Home account.

Volunteers should be aware that this feature is being rolled out on Einstein@Home, as well as some other BOINC projects as part of GDPR compliance. You may need to enable the statistics exports on each project. I plan to make a more general announcement about this soon.

Einstein@Home Project

Richie
Richie
Joined: 7 Mar 14
Posts: 403
Credit: 1,516,920,584
RAC: 2,632

Shawn Kwang wrote:Statistics

Shawn Kwang wrote:
Statistics exports are now a separate setting for accounts on Albert@Home. This is now default to Off for volunteers unless you consent to the statistics exports. You may find this option in Accounts -> Preferences -> Privacy. Please enable this option at Albert@Home, once the Web site works, and see if the cross-project table and BOINCStats now see your Albert@Home account.

Okay, I enabled that option. I logged out, cleared cache and restarted web browser. Albert still isn't listed, but I assume it may take some time until the effect will take place.

I believe the stats are updated daily somewhere around afternoon ETC time. I'll keep looking on both things and will report back.

edit: Just to clear fuzz out of my message... BOINCstats has been able to include Albert on the list all the time (I see all my 3 projects there). It just hasn't been able to show the credits for any user running Albert lately. There's "0" on the boxes for credit 'per day' but also 'per week'. I remember seeing lack of updates happening now and then. Those blackouts of stats for 'daily' have typically lasted only a couple of days.

That GDPR connection sounds very logical reason for causing something like this. I'm sure things will return to normal soon.

Richie
Richie
Joined: 7 Mar 14
Posts: 403
Credit: 1,516,920,584
RAC: 2,632

I think the daily time for

I think the daily time for stats updates for my projects have passed today. No fresh credits under Albert. Also I still can't see its name on the account pages.

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 3 Nov 15
Posts: 273
Credit: 699,324
RAC: 308

Richie wrote:I think the

Richie wrote:
I think the daily time for stats updates for my projects have passed today. No fresh credits under Albert. Also I still can't see its name on the account pages.

Thanks for the update. Let's keep track of this here (this thread) if the situation changes. The problem is that I don't use many other BOINC projects other than Einstein@Home, so I can't easily test these kind of problems. 

Einstein@Home Project

Oliver Behnke
Oliver Behnke
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 4 Sep 07
Posts: 772
Credit: 25,160,422
RAC: 0

Hi Richie,I checked the A@H

Hi Richie,

I checked the A@H stats exports and your user account as well as your hosts are exported as expected. If your details don't appear on certain downstream stats sites you want to let them know as there's something wrong with their data import. Just a guess: not sure how they handle someone apparently (for them, required by GDPR) having dropped out of the stats and then returning.

FYI, the website was down because of a DNS issue. Also, please keep in mind that it's our test site, so when it's down, it's down Wink Don't expect a restore in a specific timeframe as we always focus on E@H, not A@H.

Cheers,
Oliver

 

 


Einstein@Home Project

Richie
Richie
Joined: 7 Mar 14
Posts: 403
Credit: 1,516,920,584
RAC: 2,632

Yep, I see A@H at my project

Yep, I see A@H at my project lists now. BOINCstats still doesn't have new numbers to show, but I understand well it's not up to things here. It's at their end. Maybe I'll try to contact them.

Oliver Behnke wrote:
FYI, the website was down because of a DNS issue. Also, please keep in mind that it's our test site, so when it's down, it's down Wink Don't expect a restore in a specific timeframe as we always focus on E@H, not A@H


I hope I haven't sounded like any of these problems would shake up my nerves. If there's any problems it never really bothers me. Especially when it comes to A@H... ("anything can happen" and I respect that.... but it's also very interesting to be there... and if something happens... well, then here's always E@H for those couple of hosts too. Wonderful situation.) Smile

Thank you again Shawn, Oliver and fellow users (not sorted in any order)!

Shawn Kwang
Shawn Kwang
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 3 Nov 15
Posts: 273
Credit: 699,324
RAC: 308

Richie wrote:Yep, I see A@H

Richie wrote:
Yep, I see A@H at my project lists now. BOINCstats still doesn't have new numbers to show, but I understand well it's not up to things here. It's at their end. Maybe I'll try to contact them.
 

I hope I haven't sounded like any of these problems would shake up my nerves. If there's any problems it never really bothers me. Especially when it comes to A@H...


Please don't worry about sending us field reports and noticing bugs. Sometimes it's the only way we learn that something is wrong/broken and needs fixing.

Einstein@Home Project

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.