Generic Multiple GPU discusssion

Ian&Steve C.
Ian&Steve C.
Joined: 19 Jan 20
Posts: 2,601
Credit: 21,388,931,374
RAC: 36,051,149

Tom M

Tom M wrote:

Ian&Steve,

What are you crunching on the CPU side of things?

Tom M

CPU crunching only Universe@home, and TN-Grid as a 0-resource backup.

_________________________________________________________________________

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,621
Credit: 5,338,864,247
RAC: 10,133,549

Ian&Steve C. wrote: Tom M

Ian&Steve C. wrote:

Tom M wrote:

Ian&Steve,

What are you crunching on the CPU side of things?

Tom M

CPU crunching only Universe@home, and TN-Grid as a 0-resource backup.

Sorry. Tennessee grid?

A Proud Member of the O.F.A. (Old Farts Association)

Active in the IHIH sig.

Ian&Steve C.
Ian&Steve C.
Joined: 19 Jan 20
Posts: 2,601
Credit: 21,388,931,374
RAC: 36,051,149

Tom M wrote: Ian&Steve C.

Tom M wrote:

Ian&Steve C. wrote:

Tom M wrote:

Ian&Steve,

What are you crunching on the CPU side of things?

Tom M

CPU crunching only Universe@home, and TN-Grid as a 0-resource backup.

Sorry. Tennessee grid?

http://gene.disi.unitn.it/test/

_________________________________________________________________________

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,403
Credit: 11,135,082,460
RAC: 28,811,218

TN-Grid

TN-Grid = https://gene.disi.unitn.it/test/index.php

Another biologic molecular-modeling, gene-expression project.

 

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,621
Credit: 5,338,864,247
RAC: 10,133,549

Keith Myers wrote:TN-Grid

Keith Myers wrote:

TN-Grid = https://gene.disi.unitn.it/test/index.php

Another biologic molecular-modeling, gene-expression project.

Ah. Thank you Keith, Ian&SteveC.

Tom M

A Proud Member of the O.F.A. (Old Farts Association)

Active in the IHIH sig.

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,621
Credit: 5,338,864,247
RAC: 10,133,549

https://einsteinathome.org/ho

https://einsteinathome.org/host/12866757

This morning I am pleased to "announce" (gloat/giggle/mutter...) that the Intel i9-9900 (8c/16t) that arrived yesterday was successfully installed.  I now have a rig with 9 discrete video cards crunching via an MSI B360-F Pro MB (18 gpu slots).

Announce that a known cranky XFX Rx 570 GPU has been "laid to rest" (or at least is getting ready to be sold for "not playing well with others").

The i9 CPU is running with Turbo disabled for two reasons.  I have it being cooled by a generic CPU cooler that probably would have thermal throttling if I had turbo enabled. And I don't have any CPU tasks crunching right now.

Other notes include the two bios settings that allow PCIe to run on "auto" instead of "gen1" have been toggled on. I used this the last time I had this make/model/CPU MB running and did not see any stability issues.  And hopefully it does speed up the data transfers on the PCIe bus.

This system is running 2 XFX Rx 580's, 4 XFX Rx 570 (All 8 GB video ram) in putative "mining mode" (aka quiet setting on the switch on the top of the card).  And 3 P106-90 (cut down Gtx 1060 3GB) cards.  These cards maybe slower than a regular Gtx 1060 3Gb card.

The current target apps are Gravity Wave GPU. It will take a while to see if this thing is going to join the top 50 club or not.

Tom M

A Proud Member of the O.F.A. (Old Farts Association)

Active in the IHIH sig.

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,403
Credit: 11,135,082,460
RAC: 28,811,218

Just so you are aware, you

Just so you are aware, you will not see any credits for GW S3 WU's for an unknown period.

The new S3 WU's don't have any validator installed yet.  They are just piling up in backlogs.

So you will not see any movement at all in your RAC. In fact your RAC should drop as your existing S2 WU pendings drop.  Mine has done so.

The new S3 WU's will cause an extreme amount of downloads on your network connection.

Watch out on your ISP account limit.

 

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,621
Credit: 5,338,864,247
RAC: 10,133,549

Keith Myers wrote: Just so

Keith Myers wrote:

Just so you are aware, you will not see any credits for GW S3 WU's for an unknown period.

The new S3 WU's don't have any validator installed yet.  They are just piling up in backlogs.

So you will not see any movement at all in your RAC. In fact your RAC should drop as your existing S2 WU pendings drop.  Mine has done so.

The new S3 WU's will cause an extreme amount of downloads on your network connection.

Watch out on your ISP account limit.

That would explain the RAC not going up that I have noticed.

But now the GW uploads are stalling.  The backoffs haven't hit the Sunday dry spell on the GR's yet but maybe I was the straw that broke the camel's back...

Sigh,

Tom M

A Proud Member of the O.F.A. (Old Farts Association)

Active in the IHIH sig.

Ian&Steve C.
Ian&Steve C.
Joined: 19 Jan 20
Posts: 2,601
Credit: 21,388,931,374
RAC: 36,051,149

update Ian&Steve C.

update

Ian&Steve C. wrote:

6x RTX 2080ti - https://einsteinathome.org/host/12803486

  • each 2080ti power limited to 215W
  • currently running Gamma Ray tasks only
  • running 2x task at a time

 

8x RTX 2070 - https://einsteinathome.org/host/12803503

  • each 2070 power limited to 150W
  • currently running Gamma Ray tasks only
  • running 1x tasks at a time

_________________________________________________________________________

Tom M
Tom M
Joined: 2 Feb 06
Posts: 3,621
Credit: 5,338,864,247
RAC: 10,133,549

Ian&Steve C.

Ian&Steve C. wrote:

update

Ian&Steve C. wrote:

6x RTX 2080ti - https://einsteinathome.org/host/12803486

  • each 2080ti power limited to 215W
  • currently running Gamma Ray tasks only
  • running 2x task at a time

 

8x RTX 2070 - https://einsteinathome.org/host/12803503

  • each 2070 power limited to 150W
  • currently running Gamma Ray tasks only
  • running 1x tasks at a time

Are you re-deploying because of the GW upload stall or because you want to see how high a GR rac you can manage?

Tom M

A Proud Member of the O.F.A. (Old Farts Association)

Active in the IHIH sig.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.