Can't get work or E@H program..

Pete of Ebor
Pete of Ebor
Joined: 19 Mar 05
Posts: 6
Credit: 868,444
RAC: 0
Topic 190757

I've recently returned to E@H after a break of a couple of months or so (and a new hard drive - so no previous E@H present on disc) I've attached to project OK - BOINC manager is showing my last credit value, but I can't get work, and on the disc tab, it shows E@H 0 bytes. I thought that the work and program should download automatically. It wont. Servers all appear OK according to status page. Have I missed something ?

Michael Karlinsky
Michael Karlinsky
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 888
Credit: 22,245,334
RAC: 0

Can't get work or E@H program..

Quote:
I've recently returned to E@H after a break of a couple of months or so (and a new hard drive - so no previous E@H present on disc) I've attached to project OK - BOINC manager is showing my last credit value, but I can't get work, and on the disc tab, it shows E@H 0 bytes. I thought that the work and program should download automatically. It wont. Servers all appear OK according to status page. Have I missed something ?

Please post the messages from your message tab here.

Michael

Pete of Ebor
Pete of Ebor
Joined: 19 Mar 05
Posts: 6
Credit: 868,444
RAC: 0

11/02/2006 13:13:28||Starting

11/02/2006 13:13:28||Starting BOINC client version 5.2.13 for windows_intelx86
11/02/2006 13:13:28||libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8 zlib/1.2.3
11/02/2006 13:13:28||Data directory: C:\\Program Files\\BOINC
11/02/2006 13:13:28||Processor: 2 GenuineIntel Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
11/02/2006 13:13:28||Memory: 511.48 MB physical, 1.22 GB virtual
11/02/2006 13:13:28||Disk: 114.49 GB total, 106.39 GB free
11/02/2006 13:13:28|rosetta@home|Computer ID: 129837; location: home; project prefs: default
11/02/2006 13:13:28|Einstein@Home|Computer ID: 539729; location: home; project prefs: default
11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|Computer ID: 2047484; location: home; project prefs: default
11/02/2006 13:13:28||General prefs: from SETI@home (last modified 2005-06-23 20:43:00)
11/02/2006 13:13:28||General prefs: no separate prefs for home; using your defaults
11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|Result 17dc04aa.11301.7393.279820.1.15_3 is 2.24 days overdue.
11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|You may not get credit for it. Consider aborting it.
11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|Result 28fe05aa.24704.30448.590898.1.84_1 is 2.24 days overdue.
11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|You may not get credit for it. Consider aborting it.
11/02/2006 13:13:29||Remote control not allowed; using loopback address
11/02/2006 13:13:29|SETI@home|Resuming computation for result 17dc04aa.11301.7393.279820.1.15_3 using setiathome version 418
11/02/2006 13:13:30|SETI@home|Resuming computation for result 28fe05aa.24704.30448.590898.1.84_1 using setiathome version 418
11/02/2006 13:13:30||Suspending work fetch because computer is overcommitted.
11/02/2006 13:13:30||Using earliest-deadline-first scheduling because computer is overcommitted.

Pete of Ebor
Pete of Ebor
Joined: 19 Mar 05
Posts: 6
Credit: 868,444
RAC: 0

Think I've just spotted it..

Think I've just spotted it.. last message says computer is over-committed. Probably has something to do with why it can't (or won't) fetch work or E@H project software.

Pete of Ebor
Pete of Ebor
Joined: 19 Mar 05
Posts: 6
Credit: 868,444
RAC: 0

Sorted. Aborted out of date

Sorted. Aborted out of date seti WUs and it started downloading E@H almost straight away. Thanks for the offer of help anyway..

Pete.

Michael Karlinsky
Michael Karlinsky
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 888
Credit: 22,245,334
RAC: 0

RE: Think I've just spotted

Message 25104 in response to message 25102

Quote:
Think I've just spotted it.. last message says computer is over-committed. Probably has something to do with why it can't (or won't) fetch work or E@H project software.

Yes, you downloaded too much work and are in danger to miss deadlines.
Your SETI work is already overdue.

Quote:

11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|Result 28fe05aa.24704.30448.590898.1.84_1 is 2.24 days overdue.
11/02/2006 13:13:28|SETI@home|You may not get credit for it. Consider aborting it.

To prevent this in the future, reduce your connect to interval.

Michael

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.