Are there already results of an Nvidia Ampere?

Aron
Aron
Joined: 29 Sep 06
Posts: 29
Credit: 1,154,829,667
RAC: 0

Hi guys, So it seems that we

Hi guys,
So it seems that we need a native CUDA app for Ampere to be fully utilized... Wasn't there a CUDA app like a decade ago that ran fine on nvidia CUDA cards? What are the chances for that to happen again? It made me switch over to Nvidia back in the day, then the RVII made me switch back to team red. Now, I'm contemplating switching back to team green...

BTW, did anyone run the 3080 card for some time to get some statistics?

ExtraTerrestrial Apes
ExtraTerrestria...
Joined: 10 Nov 04
Posts: 770
Credit: 488,645,460
RAC: 102,009

Not sure about OpenCL, but

Not sure about OpenCL, but with CUDA you need to recompile and target Ampere explicitly to benefit from the doubled FP32 units: link

MrS

Scanning for our furry friends since Jan 2002

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,392
Credit: 11,024,434,939
RAC: 28,982,707

Aron wrote:Hi guys,So it

Aron wrote:

Hi guys,
So it seems that we need a native CUDA app for Ampere to be fully utilized... Wasn't there a CUDA app like a decade ago that ran fine on nvidia CUDA cards? What are the chances for that to happen again? It made me switch over to Nvidia back in the day, then the RVII made me switch back to team red. Now, I'm contemplating switching back to team green...

BTW, did anyone run the 3080 card for some time to get some statistics?

Yes, a 3080 is already running here.

https://einsteinathome.org/host/12850228/tasks/0/40

Back in the day we used to run the 1.46 CUDA app on the BRP4G tasks.

 

Aron
Aron
Joined: 29 Sep 06
Posts: 29
Credit: 1,154,829,667
RAC: 0

Keith Myers wrote: Yes, a

Keith Myers wrote:

Yes, a 3080 is already running here.

https://einsteinathome.org/host/12850228/tasks/0/40

Back in the day we used to run the 1.46 CUDA app on the BRP4G tasks.

 

So a run time of ~370s per task. Do we know if this is 1 task per GPU or several?

 

Thanks!

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,392
Credit: 11,024,434,939
RAC: 28,982,707

Aron wrote: Keith Myers

Aron wrote:

Keith Myers wrote:

Yes, a 3080 is already running here.

https://einsteinathome.org/host/12850228/tasks/0/40

Back in the day we used to run the 1.46 CUDA app on the BRP4G tasks.

 

So a run time of ~370s per task. Do we know if this is 1 task per GPU or several?

 

Thanks!

If I remember my questioning of the user, that was for single task concurrency.

 

[DPC] hansR
[DPC] hansR
Joined: 8 Mar 10
Posts: 5
Credit: 682,377,728
RAC: 29,064

  A 3090 (since 29

 

A 3090 (since 29 september) in this system. Together with a Titan V.

Single task

 

https://einsteinathome.org/host/12764868/tasks/0/40

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,392
Credit: 11,024,434,939
RAC: 28,982,707

Can you post a link to a task

Can you post a link to a task run by the 3090.  All I can find is the Titan V.

 

[DPC] hansR
[DPC] hansR
Joined: 8 Mar 10
Posts: 5
Credit: 682,377,728
RAC: 29,064

Keith Myers wrote: Can you

Keith Myers wrote:

Can you post a link to a task run by the 3090.  All I can find is the Titan V.

Select "valid" and on the bottom select "last >>" and look for 310-320 sec

 

For example:

https://einsteinathome.org/task/1014666851

 

Keith Myers
Keith Myers
Joined: 11 Feb 11
Posts: 3,392
Credit: 11,024,434,939
RAC: 28,982,707

Thanks.

Thanks.

 

Ian&Steve C.
Ian&Steve C.
Joined: 19 Jan 20
Posts: 2,579
Credit: 21,252,264,118
RAC: 36,491,783

[DPC wrote: hansR] Keith

[DPC wrote:

hansR]

Keith Myers wrote:

Can you post a link to a task run by the 3090.  All I can find is the Titan V.

Select "valid" and on the bottom select "last >>" and look for 310-320 sec

 

For example:

https://einsteinathome.org/task/1014666851

 

 

can you please post the power draw of the 3090 while running these tasks? just the 3090, as reported by GPUz or nvidia-smi.

_________________________________________________________________________

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.