Why this WU goes directly to invalid?

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,436,782
RAC: 10,645
Topic 198381

I start a new (old hardware) host and noticed a big part of the WU who goes directly to invalid after almost at the end of the crunching others validate normaly.

Any ideias how to avoid that?

Examples:

https://einsteinathome.org/task/540604688
https://einsteinathome.org/task/540527844
https://einsteinathome.org/task/540527779

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Holmis
Joined: 4 Jan 05
Posts: 1,102
Credit: 750,709,857
RAC: 210,031

Why this WU goes directly to invalid?

You're getting validate errors on those work units. A validate error means that the result did not pass the first sanity check the validator performs, most probably because the result file contains garbage that should not be there.

Check your hardware and temps, if overclocked lower it or go back to stock.

archae86
archae86
Joined: 6 Dec 05
Posts: 2,741
Credit: 2,912,479,364
RAC: 3,289,973

and if not overclocked nor

and if not overclocked nor overtemp, try lowering the clock(s) anyway.

And if you have not already, try a full power-off cold reboot of the entire machine.

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,436,782
RAC: 10,645

No OC or high temp, do a cold

No OC or high temp, do a cold reboot and will keep na eye on that.

Was running 2 WU at a time (no CPU WU), switch to 1 WU only.

Thanks

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Gary Roberts
Gary Roberts
Moderator
Joined: 9 Feb 05
Posts: 5,132
Credit: 37,061,304,930
RAC: 38,734,982

RE: No OC or high

Quote:
No OC or high temp


Does it have a factory overclock?
Have you measured the core temp? If so, what is it?

Quote:
Was running 2 WU at a time (no CPU WU), switch to 1 WU only.


Based on the time of your message (17 Jan 2016, 18:35:43 UTC) and allowing for the two 'in progress' tasks (those running at the time) to finish, your most recent task to finish (17 Jan 2016, 23:24:16 UTC) may have been the first to be crunched entirely on its own. It has validated, so all good so far.

With no CPU tasks at all, there should be no reason why that GPU can't crunch well at 2x. When you say "no CPU WU" does that mean all projects or just Einstein? If you are running CPU tasks at another project that might impact on the performance of the GPU. It shouldn't cause errors though.

Cheers,
Gary.

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,436,782
RAC: 10,645

RE: RE: RE: No OC or

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
No OC or high temp

Does it have a factory overclock?
Have you measured the core temp? If so, what is it?

With 1 WU at a time the core clock is at 1100 Mhz (stock?) and temp at 73C (by afterburner).

Was running 2 WU at a time (no CPU WU), switch to 1 WU only.

Quote:
Based on the time of your message (17 Jan 2016, 18:35:43 UTC) and allowing for the two 'in progress' tasks (those running at the time) to finish, your most recent task to finish (17 Jan 2016, 23:24:16 UTC) may have been the first to be crunched entirely on its own. It has validated, so all good so far.


After I switch back from 2 WU to 1 WU at a time i see no error

Quote:
With no CPU tasks at all, there should be no reason why that GPU can't crunch well at 2x. When you say "no CPU WU" does that mean all projects or just Einstein? If you are running CPU tasks at another project that might impact on the performance of the GPU. It shouldn't cause errors though.

NO CPU work when i run 2 E@H GPU WU (in any Project) and the error aparently happening.

Now i run just 1 E@H GPU WU and 1 S@H CPU WU. An I see no errors for the entire night of crunching.

So apparently the problem start when i start the 2 GPU WU (and obviusly stop all CPU work).

After few deys of crunching and when i be sure there are no erros when running 1 WU will do the test with 2.

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Logforme
Logforme
Joined: 13 Aug 10
Posts: 332
Credit: 1,636,167,690
RAC: 1,002,549

RE: With 1 WU at a time the

Quote:
With 1 WU at a time the core clock is at 1100 Mhz (stock?) and temp at 73C (by afterburner).


You computer page here says "Bonaire" so it's a HD7xxx card?
Stock speed for HD7xxx is 800-900MHz for regular and 1000MHz for the GHz versions. Card with higher "stock" clocks are overclocked by the card manufacturer.
I have seen people here at E@H having problems with these overclocked cards.

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,436,782
RAC: 10,645

It´s a R7 260x IIRC

It´s a R7 260x IIRC

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Logforme
Logforme
Joined: 13 Aug 10
Posts: 332
Credit: 1,636,167,690
RAC: 1,002,549

Ah, the 260X runs 1100MHz

Ah, the 260X runs 1100MHz stock from AMD. Have not heard about any clock issues with that.

AgentB
AgentB
Joined: 17 Mar 12
Posts: 915
Credit: 513,211,304
RAC: 0

RE: It´s a R7 260x

Quote:
It´s a R7 260x IIRC

How much GPU memory does card this have?

A general question - i can not find any AMD utility to show %GPU memory free.

juan BFP
juan BFP
Joined: 18 Nov 11
Posts: 839
Credit: 421,436,782
RAC: 10,645

2 GB You could see the

2 GB

You could see the memory usage with afterburner or gpu-z then just make the diference from the total and you get the free memory.

lHj2ixL.jpg

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.