Summer Heat Wave

Donald A. Tevault
Donald A. Tevault
Joined: 17 Feb 06
Posts: 439
Credit: 73,516,529
RAC: 0

RE: RE: RE: RE: [OT]

Message 98464 in response to message 98463

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[OT]

did you see about that maine coon that came in at a whopping 48.5 inches long? (nose to tail) howd ya like to have him in ya lap :D

That's a big coon. And, have you ever seen the claws on a raccoon? I wouldn't want to get in a fight with one.

I think Paul meant this one:
http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm

And it was downright WARM at my place yesterday here in Northern Virginia! It got up to the mid 70's and is supposed to be even warmer today, tomorrow and Wednesday! I will be glad when it gets and STAYS back into the 50's and 60's!!


Oh, it's a cat!

[ Where does it sleep? Wherever it likes ... :-0 ]

Oh, that's great. I fancy myself as a great cat-lover, yet didn't recognize that Paul was talking about a cat!

But, a few years ago, there was a period of about a year-and-a-half that I did have a real raccoon. He found the cat door on his own, and came in every night to chow down on the Meow Mix. He got along fine with both me and the cats, so I left him alone. I never got to see if he was a boy or a girl, but regardless, I named it "Rocky", after the Beatles song. (Yeah, that's life in the teeming metropolis of St. Marys.)

Cheers, Mike.

Donald A. Tevault
Donald A. Tevault
Joined: 17 Feb 06
Posts: 439
Credit: 73,516,529
RAC: 0

RE: RE: RE: [OT] did

Message 98465 in response to message 98462

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[OT]

did you see about that maine coon that came in at a whopping 48.5 inches long? (nose to tail) howd ya like to have him in ya lap :D

That's a big coon. And, have you ever seen the claws on a raccoon? I wouldn't want to get in a fight with one.

I think Paul meant this one:
http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm

And it was downright WARM at my place yesterday here in Northern Virginia! It got up to the mid 70's and is supposed to be even warmer today, tomorrow and Wednesday! I will be glad when it gets and STAYS back into the 50's and 60's!!

Whereabouts are you in Northern Virginia? I ask, because I'm originally from Winchester. I was raised on Paper Mill Road, within walking distance of where Patsy Cline is buried.

Of course, I've been in South Georgia for the past 20 years. I'm not sure I'd ever want to go back to the Northern Virginia winters. (Well, there's also that fact that Winchester has pretty much become a suburb of D.C. since I left. I much prefer the small town atmosphere.)

Donald A. Tevault
Donald A. Tevault
Joined: 17 Feb 06
Posts: 439
Credit: 73,516,529
RAC: 0

Well, switching the Quad-quad

Well, switching the Quad-quad machine to the server kernel seems to have worked. I haven't had a bad result since.

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,505
Credit: 616,239,497
RAC: 29,707

RE: RE: RE: RE: [OT]

Message 98467 in response to message 98465

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

[OT]

did you see about that maine coon that came in at a whopping 48.5 inches long? (nose to tail) howd ya like to have him in ya lap :D

That's a big coon. And, have you ever seen the claws on a raccoon? I wouldn't want to get in a fight with one.

I think Paul meant this one:
http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm

And it was downright WARM at my place yesterday here in Northern Virginia! It got up to the mid 70's and is supposed to be even warmer today, tomorrow and Wednesday! I will be glad when it gets and STAYS back into the 50's and 60's!!

Whereabouts are you in Northern Virginia? I ask, because I'm originally from Winchester. I was raised on Paper Mill Road, within walking distance of where Patsy Cline is buried.

Of course, I've been in South Georgia for the past 20 years. I'm not sure I'd ever want to go back to the Northern Virginia winters. (Well, there's also that fact that Winchester has pretty much become a suburb of D.C. since I left. I much prefer the small town atmosphere.)

I live in a subdivision called Montclair just South of Woodbridge and Dale city off of I95. And last year was a very snowy winter for us, hopefully we are going back to our usual couple of inches and that is it stuff this year! And I used to live outside Macon and it is too 'knatty' and too humid down there for me!

Donald A. Tevault
Donald A. Tevault
Joined: 17 Feb 06
Posts: 439
Credit: 73,516,529
RAC: 0

RE: I live in a

Message 98468 in response to message 98467

Quote:

I live in a subdivision called Montclair just South of Woodbridge and Dale city off of I95. And last year was a very snowy winter for us, hopefully we are going back to our usual couple of inches and that is it stuff this year! And I used to live outside Macon and it is too 'knatty' and too humid down there for me!

Well, I've never been to Montclair, but I've been to Woodbridge a few times. It was many years ago, and always at night, when I traveled to away football games with the James Wood High marching band.

As for snow, just be glad that you're not in the Shenandoah Valley.

DanNeely
DanNeely
Joined: 4 Sep 05
Posts: 1,344
Credit: 2,145,771,741
RAC: 1,439,468

RE: I live in a

Message 98469 in response to message 98467

Quote:

I live in a subdivision called Montclair just South of Woodbridge and Dale city off of I95. And last year was a very snowy winter for us, hopefully we are going back to our usual couple of inches and that is it stuff this year! And I used to live outside Macon and it is too 'knatty' and too humid down there for me!

Unfortunately for you, they're calling for the worst la nina since the 50's; so a colder than normal winter is to be expected.

Maybe this year I'll be able to bury the last few twigs of the landlords so called landscaping that avoided entombment last march.

http://orthogonaltonormal.com/midden/IMG_0746.JPG

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,505
Credit: 616,239,497
RAC: 29,707

RE: RE: I live in a

Message 98470 in response to message 98469

Quote:
Quote:

I live in a subdivision called Montclair just South of Woodbridge and Dale city off of I95. And last year was a very snowy winter for us, hopefully we are going back to our usual couple of inches and that is it stuff this year! And I used to live outside Macon and it is too 'knatty' and too humid down there for me!

Unfortunately for you, they're calling for the worst la nina since the 50's; so a colder than normal winter is to be expected.

Maybe this year I'll be able to bury the last few twigs of the landlords so called landscaping that avoided entombment last march.

http://orthogonaltonormal.com/midden/IMG_0746.JPG

Hey, hey, HEY, don't even THINK like that, we had enough snow last year to last 100, we do NOT need any more snow!!! Maybe they need to warm up the ocean and stop this!! Put a whole lot of boats and cruise ships out there and warm it up!! Drop all that spare magnesium that they have laying around into the water, after setting it on fire first of course. *LOL*

Donald A. Tevault
Donald A. Tevault
Joined: 17 Feb 06
Posts: 439
Credit: 73,516,529
RAC: 0

Well folks, it's that time of

Well folks, it's that time of year again. I tried to tough it out with the heat, and have kept things going longer this year than I did last. But then, I got my electric bill, and found that Georgia Power has raised their summertime rates to what appears to be a record high. So, after getting over the shock of what I owe for power, I started the process of shutting down my crunching machines. I'll keep a couple going, but for the most part, I'm done until winter.

Donald A. Tevault
Donald A. Tevault
Joined: 17 Feb 06
Posts: 439
Credit: 73,516,529
RAC: 0

Yeah, I know. I still

Yeah, I know. I still haven't fixed my graphic.

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,505
Credit: 616,239,497
RAC: 29,707

RE: Well folks, it's that

Message 98473 in response to message 98471

Quote:
Well folks, it's that time of year again. I tried to tough it out with the heat, and have kept things going longer this year than I did last. But then, I got my electric bill, and found that Georgia Power has raised their summertime rates to what appears to be a record high. So, after getting over the shock of what I owe for power, I started the process of shutting down my crunching machines. I'll keep a couple going, but for the most part, I'm done until winter.

Did Ga. Power up its rates like Dominion Resources(ie Va. Power) did because they weren't making enough money? DR raised it rates JUST because we users were doing our part to conserve!!! I now remember why I bought their stock many years ago, guaranteed profits!!!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.