New (Albert) application and workunits

Michael Roycraft
Michael Roycraft
Joined: 10 Mar 05
Posts: 846
Credit: 157,718
RAC: 0

RE: Wow... 6 in a row?? All

Message 22683 in response to message 22682

Quote:

Wow... 6 in a row?? All with the same error. Anyone?

I stopped BOINC already, restarted it, did a reboot. Or am I getting the bad batch on purpose? ;)

edit: 8 in a row now. Einstein is at No New Work until I figure out what's happening here. No need to blow through the other 8 units.

Jord,

Maybe time to consider backing off that 5.3.6 to an approved client?

Michael

microcraft
"The arc of history is long, but it bends toward justice" - MLK

Jord
Joined: 26 Jan 05
Posts: 2,952
Credit: 5,779,100
RAC: 0

Why? It's an alpha client, I

Why? It's an alpha client, I am an alpha tester.

Besides, everything worked fine until the first Albert crashed early this morning. Check the rest of the list. Seti, Seti Beta, uFluids and Primegrid have no problem either. It's only these Albert results which want to address the top of my memory all of a sudden. They blink out as soon as they start.

Michael Roycraft
Michael Roycraft
Joined: 10 Mar 05
Posts: 846
Credit: 157,718
RAC: 0

RE: Why? It's an alpha

Message 22685 in response to message 22684

Quote:

Why? It's an alpha client, I am an alpha tester.

Besides, everything worked fine until the first Albert crashed early this morning. Check the rest of the list. Seti, Seti Beta, uFluids and Primegrid have no problem either. It's only these Albert results which want to address the top of my memory all of a sudden. They blink out as soon as they start.

Jord,

I'd forgotten that you're doing alpha work, sorry. Thank you for the sacrifices in the name of progress.

Michael

microcraft
"The arc of history is long, but it bends toward justice" - MLK

Stick
Stick
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 790
Credit: 20,901,881
RAC: 53,694

RE: RE: Wow... 6 in a

Message 22686 in response to message 22683

Quote:
Quote:

Wow... 6 in a row?? All with the same error. Anyone?

I stopped BOINC already, restarted it, did a reboot. Or am I getting the bad batch on purpose? ;)

edit: 8 in a row now. Einstein is at No New Work until I figure out what's happening here. No need to blow through the other 8 units.

Jord,

Maybe time to consider backing off that 5.3.6 to an approved client?
Michael

Or, maybe you should start using graphics. ;-)

I have some observations (but no idea what the problem is). I noticed that all but the first WU failed immediately (never even got to the "No usable checkpoint . . ." stage). Makes me wonder if there is a residual value from the first unit somewhere in Albert or BOINC that needs to be reset. Also, the other result (which I pointed to in my previous post here) was an isolated single failure (and it was under BOINC 5.2.13).

Jord
Joined: 26 Jan 05
Posts: 2,952
Credit: 5,779,100
RAC: 0

I did a full system shutdown.

I did a full system shutdown.
Waited a minute.
Rebooted.
Logged on to Windows.
Opened Boinc Manager (boinc is a service).
Allowed work from Einstein.

But:

Quote:
12/01/2006 15:35:15|Einstein@Home|Message from server: No work sent
12/01/2006 15:35:15|Einstein@Home|Message from server: (reached daily quota of 7 results)
12/01/2006 15:35:15|Einstein@Home|No work from project


Yep: Maximum daily WU quota per CPU: 7/day

Oh well. :-D

Wasn't there a quota of 16, though? I know I spoiled 8...

Stick
Stick
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 790
Credit: 20,901,881
RAC: 53,694

RE: Wasn't there a quota

Message 22688 in response to message 22687

Quote:
Wasn't there a quota of 16, though? I know I spoiled 8...

I just counted nine of them.

Jord
Joined: 26 Jan 05
Posts: 2,952
Credit: 5,779,100
RAC: 0

You think Friday the 13th is

You think Friday the 13th is bad... I think Thursday the 12th is. :)

Stick
Stick
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 790
Credit: 20,901,881
RAC: 53,694

RE: You think Friday the

Message 22690 in response to message 22689

Quote:
You think Friday the 13th is bad... I think Thursday the 12th is. :)

Given the way you count, it may already be Friday the 13th where you are (or maybe it's only Wednesday the 11th). :)

BTW: Have you thought about e-mailing your "std*" files to Walt yet? He'll probably want to look at them. Here is an old message with some instructions on how to do that.

Jord
Joined: 26 Jan 05
Posts: 2,952
Credit: 5,779,100
RAC: 0

I've contacted Bruce on it.

I've contacted Bruce on it. He's very excited. I think he complimented me: "a reproducible bug from a BOINC expert and all-around computer geek!". :-)

So now waiting for Walt to contact me.

Stick
Stick
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 790
Credit: 20,901,881
RAC: 53,694

RE: the exit code

Quote:
the exit code -1073741819 (0xc0000005)

Another, new report of this same problem is over here. Host = 481640.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.