GNU/Linux S5R3 App 4.24 available for Beta test

KSMarksPsych
KSMarksPsych
Moderator
Joined: 15 Oct 05
Posts: 2,702
Credit: 4,090,227
RAC: 0

I pulled out my network cable

I pulled out my network cable a few times and the app carried on. But the difference is this time the manager didn't hang even when I did a scheduler rpc with the network down. So slightly inconclusive? The morning I had issues, the manager was completely unresponsive. And if it's important, I don't run the manager all the time. I start it from the terminal when I need to check on something I can't see with `tail` on the logs.

Kathryn :o)

Einstein@Home Moderator

anders n
anders n
Joined: 29 Aug 05
Posts: 123
Credit: 1,656,300
RAC: 0

RE: I pulled out my network

Message 76863 in response to message 76862

Quote:
I pulled out my network cable a few times and the app carried on. But the difference is this time the manager didn't hang even when I did a scheduler rpc with the network down. So slightly inconclusive? The morning I had issues, the manager was completely unresponsive. And if it's important, I don't run the manager all the time. I start it from the terminal when I need to check on something I can't see with `tail` on the logs.

I have the same experiece , it does not happen every time (far from) I happen to loose the "net". The problem is that when it happens I can't open the manager to se the logs :(

Anders n

Bernd Machenschalk
Bernd Machenschalk
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 15 Oct 04
Posts: 4,065
Credit: 226,671,234
RAC: 29,487

RE: md5sum does not match

Message 76864 in response to message 76861

Quote:

md5sum does not match now for me (yesterday night it matched on another machine)

Now I'm getting:

56cb787158feb2d19af53e53cc169784


No clue. The one on the webpage is correct on the server side and when downloading it to my local machine.

Quote:
The app works, but I still get the error message "missing application file einstein_S5R3_4.02_ ..."


Surprises me a bit, but good to know. Just for the records: which Client version are you using? It's just a warning anyway.

Thanks for the report.

BM

BM

Bernd Machenschalk
Bernd Machenschalk
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 15 Oct 04
Posts: 4,065
Credit: 226,671,234
RAC: 29,487

RE: The problem is that

Message 76865 in response to message 76863

Quote:
The problem is that when it happens I can't open the manager to se the logs :(


The logs are plain text files in the BOINC directory (stdoutdae.txt and stderrdae.txt); you don't need to use the manager.

BM

BM

josep
josep
Joined: 9 Mar 05
Posts: 63
Credit: 1,156,542
RAC: 0

RE: No clue. The one on

Message 76866 in response to message 76864

Quote:

No clue. The one on the webpage is correct on the server side and when downloading it to my local machine.
Quote:
The app works, but I still get the error message "missing application file einstein_S5R3_4.02_ ..."

Surprises me a bit, but good to know. Just for the records: which Client version are you using? It's just a warning anyway.

Bernd, I've just downloaded the new package to my other linux box, that had 4.24 allready running from yesterday. The md5sum matches now, you are right (I will try to see why it does not match in my laptop) but the warning about 4.02 missing remains the same in both systems. One of them uses BOINC 5.8.16 and the other one BOINC 5.10.28

In app_info.xml I see the following section:

einstein_S5R3
402

einstein_S5R3_4.02_i686-pc-linux-gnu



einstein_S5R3_4.02_i686-pc-linux-gnu.so

I know it's only a warning, so it does not really matter.

But I think there should be a link to 4.24 app file after

Astro
Astro
Joined: 18 Jan 05
Posts: 257
Credit: 1,000,560
RAC: 0

I've attached 5 AMD hosts

I've attached 5 AMD hosts using 64b linux and using the "beta" app. I've also attached one AMD host using windows. These machines (except the windows only laptop) are dual boot. (note: while running linux they are equal share with Rosie and Boincsimap as well)

Hi Brian

If I were to record data from my work here, what bits of the "Task ID" (old result ID) would I need to extract and record to cover nearly any examination I might do later? I see one really long string in the res ID about different freqs. Do I need them all? etc etc

The last time I was here, I hit my 200K goal before moving on. It's good to see Bernd posting again. Last time I was here, it was pretty quiet, if I remember properly.

thanks
tony

Richard Haselgrove
Richard Haselgrove
Joined: 10 Dec 05
Posts: 2,068
Credit: 1,235,014,646
RAC: 5,497,167

RE: I've attached 5 AMD

Message 76868 in response to message 76867

Quote:

I've attached 5 AMD hosts using 64b linux and using the "beta" app. I've also attached one AMD host using windows. These machines (except the windows only laptop) are dual boot. (note: while running linux they are equal share with Rosie and Boincsimap as well)

Hi Brian

If I were to record data from my work here, what bits of the "Task ID" (old result ID) would I need to extract and record to cover nearly any examination I might do later? I see one really long string in the res ID about different freqs. Do I need them all? etc etc

The last time I was here, I hit my 200K goal before moving on. It's good to see Bernd posting again. Last time I was here, it was pretty quiet, if I remember properly.

thanks
tony


A couple of threads to whet your appetite:

S5R3 - cyclical variation in runtime for different tasks in the same block.
Visualization of S5R2 / S5R3 difference - tools for seeing what you've found in your own results.

With regard to the name - I would pull out h1_0785.85_S5R2__303_S5R3a_1 as two separate fields. You'll find that the red number is slow-changing - you'll do many tasks from the same block - and the green field is quick-changing - if you work hard at it, you can even get a sequential range for comparisons.

Bikeman (Heinz-Bernd Eggenstein)
Bikeman (Heinz-...
Moderator
Joined: 28 Aug 06
Posts: 3,516
Credit: 485,737,766
RAC: 1,335

Hi Astro, Welcome (back)

Hi Astro,

Welcome (back) to E@H. Having read about your early Pentium experiments on Seti@Home, I guess this thread might be of interest for you as well:

Vintage Computers and Einstein@Home

As to recording data of WU you process, I now use a modified version of the lightweight, open source "Muffin" web proxy to intercept communication between the boinc core clients in my LAN and the projects sites, so if you are into JAVA programming it's easy to extend "Muffin" to implement whatever data recording you want. E.g. I use it to dump the results itself , see the Visualization threat mentioned above. This is an alternative to parsing the projects' web pages.

CU
Bikeman

Annika
Annika
Joined: 8 Aug 06
Posts: 720
Credit: 494,410
RAC: 0

Bernd: Apparently, with the

Bernd: Apparently, with the ancient core client, I have no more app restarts. It also seems to have fixed the annoying "signal 6 on boot-up" error that has been affecting this box for a while (with Einstein online, but it still seems to have been a core client issue).

Gary Roberts
Gary Roberts
Moderator
Joined: 9 Feb 05
Posts: 5,570
Credit: 81,657,489,395
RAC: 67,160,889

Josep

Message 76871 in response to message 76861

Josep wrote:-

Quote:
The app works, but I still get the error message "missing application file einstein_S5R3_4.02_ ..."

I believe this is because there are still references to the 4.02 files in the latest app_info.xml.

If you look at the original version you will see that there are two places where 4.02 is referred to. The first is between ... tags. The second is a little later between ... tags. In the latest version of app_info.xml only the first of the above two instances has been removed. Before I fired up the 4.24 version, I removed both of the above instances and I didn't subsequently get any 4.02 warning messages.

In any case, the warnings are quite harmless.

Cheers,
Gary.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.