Error: The semaphore is set and cannot be closed.

Bob Barber
Bob Barber
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 3
Credit: 4,659
RAC: 0
Topic 191780

I recently downloaded the new Boinc and restarted my projects after reinstalling my whole system after a series of crashes. Einstein@Home is doing no work, and I found these messages:
9/2/2006 10:22:00 PM|Einstein@Home|Starting task h1_0370.0_S5R1__33740_S5R1a_1 using einstein_S5R1 version 424
9/2/2006 10:22:01 PM|Einstein@Home|Unrecoverable error for result h1_0370.0_S5R1__33740_S5R1a_1 (The semaphore is set and cannot be closed. (0x66) - exit code 102 (0x66))
9/2/2006 10:22:01 PM|Einstein@Home|Deferring scheduler requests for 1 minutes and 0 seconds
9/2/2006 10:22:01 PM||Rescheduling CPU: application exited
9/2/2006 10:22:01 PM|Einstein@Home|Computation for task h1_0370.0_S5R1__33740_S5R1a_1 finished
9/2/2006 10:23:04 PM|Einstein@Home|Sending scheduler request to http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/EinsteinAtHome_cgi/cgi
9/2/2006 10:23:04 PM|Einstein@Home|Reason: To fetch work
9/2/2006 10:23:04 PM|Einstein@Home|Requesting 8640 seconds of new work, and reporting 1 completed tasks
9/2/2006 10:23:09 PM|Einstein@Home|Scheduler request succeeded
9/2/2006 10:23:09 PM|Einstein@Home|Message from server: No work sent
9/2/2006 10:23:09 PM|Einstein@Home|Message from server: (reached daily quota of 1 results)
9/2/2006 10:23:09 PM|Einstein@Home|No work from project

What do I need to do to fix this problem?

Bernd Machenschalk
Bernd Machenschalk
Moderator
Administrator
Joined: 15 Oct 04
Posts: 4,276
Credit: 245,597,692
RAC: 10,401

Error: The semaphore is set and cannot be closed.

Look into stderr of the Tasks you reported. There I find:

2006-09-02 22:22:01.2110 [CRITICAL]: First object in file ../../projects/einstein.phys.uwm.edu/h1_0370.0_S5R1 (block 78) is not (double)1.0!
2006-09-02 22:22:01.2110 [CRITICAL]: The file might be corrupted

I suggest you reset the project to download new files. Scanning your harddisk for errors might be useful, too (but won't fix this problem by itself).

BM

BM

Bob Barber
Bob Barber
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 3
Credit: 4,659
RAC: 0

I tried the reset with no

Message 45017 in response to message 45016

I tried the reset with no change in results. I have now Detached and reattached the project. Messages are now "No work sent" and "reached daily quota of 1 results", without the earlier unrecoverable error. I'll leave my computer running overnight & see if things improve.

RWB

Quote:

Look into stderr of the Tasks you reported. There I find:

2006-09-02 22:22:01.2110 [CRITICAL]: First object in file ../../projects/einstein.phys.uwm.edu/h1_0370.0_S5R1 (block 78) is not (double)1.0!
2006-09-02 22:22:01.2110 [CRITICAL]: The file might be corrupted

I suggest you reset the project to download new files. Scanning your harddisk for errors might be useful, too (but won't fix this problem by itself).

BM


Bob Barber
Bob Barber
Joined: 24 Feb 05
Posts: 3
Credit: 4,659
RAC: 0

Ok, the detach & reattach of

Message 45018 in response to message 45017

Ok, the detach & reattach of the project worked. I also had disabled my Norton Internet Security until after the download took place, which may have helped, too. The computer is now crunching data, and hopefully will now upload, download and execute without any more prolems from now on.

Thanks for the input.

RWB

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.