6 Pages of Pending

Gandolph1
Gandolph1
Joined: 20 Feb 05
Posts: 24
Credit: 39,205,182
RAC: 9,906
Topic 225570

I have 6 pages of pending that stretch all the way back into May, is it normal to take so long to validate?

Ian&Steve C.
Ian&Steve C.
Joined: 19 Jan 20
Posts: 912
Credit: 6,636,599,132
RAC: 28,675,836

yes it's normal.   you

yes it's normal.

 

you have about 100 pending tasks. I have over 3300. just the way it is. it takes time for wingmen to return their results sometimes.

_____________________________________________

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,725
Credit: 621,768,629
RAC: 132,632

Gandolph1 wrote: I have 6

Gandolph1 wrote:

I have 6 pages of pending that stretch all the way back into May, is it normal to take so long to validate?

Especially since you have a 2080, just imagine how many pages the 3080 people have?

Gandolph1
Gandolph1
Joined: 20 Feb 05
Posts: 24
Credit: 39,205,182
RAC: 9,906

mikey wrote: Gandolph1

mikey wrote:

Gandolph1 wrote:

I have 6 pages of pending that stretch all the way back into May, is it normal to take so long to validate?

Especially since you have a 2080, just imagine how many pages the 3080 people have?

 

Yeah, I've been trying to become a 3080 owner for a while now, since I cant find one for anywhere near retail price I just decided to water cool my aging overheating 2080tife.  To be honest it runs better now than it did when it was new.  But its no 3080 or 3090....

 

 

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,725
Credit: 621,768,629
RAC: 132,632

Gandolph1 wrote: mikey

Gandolph1 wrote:

mikey wrote:

Gandolph1 wrote:

I have 6 pages of pending that stretch all the way back into May, is it normal to take so long to validate?

Especially since you have a 2080, just imagine how many pages the 3080 people have?

 

Yeah, I've been trying to become a 3080 owner for a while now, since I cant find one for anywhere near retail price I just decided to water cool my aging overheating 2080tife.  To be honest it runs better now than it did when it was new.  But its no 3080 or 3090....

I think we've all been looking for those but Nvidia won't cut off the miners as they have cashflow coming in by the ship load right now, what I'd like them to do is ALSO release some with hardwired chips that prevent mining but allow gaming and crunching so we can ALSO share is the newer hardware. I paid @$700 or so for my brand new 1080Ti's a long time ago I'm NOT spending 2 to 3 grand to buy a single 3080 or 3090Ti!!! And I'm not selling 3 of my 1080Ti's to get one gpu either.

Gandolph1
Gandolph1
Joined: 20 Feb 05
Posts: 24
Credit: 39,205,182
RAC: 9,906

mikey wrote: Gandolph1

mikey wrote:

Gandolph1 wrote:

mikey wrote:

Gandolph1 wrote:

I have 6 pages of pending that stretch all the way back into May, is it normal to take so long to validate?

Especially since you have a 2080, just imagine how many pages the 3080 people have?

 

Yeah, I've been trying to become a 3080 owner for a while now, since I cant find one for anywhere near retail price I just decided to water cool my aging overheating 2080tife.  To be honest it runs better now than it did when it was new.  But its no 3080 or 3090....

I think we've all been looking for those but Nvidia won't cut off the miners as they have cashflow coming in by the ship load right now, what I'd like them to do is ALSO release some with hardwired chips that prevent mining but allow gaming and crunching so we can ALSO share is the newer hardware. I paid @$700 or so for my brand new 1080Ti's a long time ago I'm NOT spending 2 to 3 grand to buy a single 3080 or 3090Ti!!! And I'm not selling 3 of my 1080Ti's to get one gpu either.

I know what you mean.  I find it offensive that people are trying to make 2 to 4 times what those cards are worth by scalping them.  I'm willing to let anybody that's been lucky enough to get their hands on one make a small profit, but what we're seeing right now is unbridled greed and it's quite disgusting. 

OH well, one of these days AMD will get their production output fully optimized and then Nvidia will be in trouble.  I've been close on buying a 6900xt a couple of time now but they just wont come under 2X retail.  I just cant see paying twice what one is worth under any circumstance.

 

 

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,725
Credit: 621,768,629
RAC: 132,632

Gandolph1 wrote: I find it

Gandolph1 wrote:

I find it offensive that people are trying to make 2 to 4 times what those cards are worth by scalping them.  I'm willing to let anybody that's been lucky enough to get their hands on one make a small profit, but what we're seeing right now is unbridled greed and it's quite disgusting. 

OH well, one of these days AMD will get their production output fully optimized and then Nvidia will be in trouble.  I've been close on buying a 6900xt a couple of time now but they just wont come under 2X retail.  I just cant see paying twice what one is worth under any circumstance. 

I totally agree except I'm not paying anywhere close to twice retail price for a gpu, this is a hobby for me and that means limits. Since the gpu prices have gone thru the roof I have been buying a couple of older pc's with more than 12 cpu cores in them instead. In fact my son is going back to college to get his Masters Degree and wanted one of my pc's so I bought him an off lease HP with an I7-4770(4-8 cores thru HT) with 16gb of ram, a dvd burner and a 1tb harddrive with Win10 recently loaded onto it for $180 including shipping and tax instead. No it doesn't have a crunching gpu in it but it will work for college work and gets him off a laptop which is what he wants. Prior to that I bought a dual Xeon quad core(8-16 cores thru HT) with a 24gb of memory in it for $160 including shipping and taxes. No harddrive this time and again no crunching gpu but I have a bunch of SSD drives with Linux on it and it will be up and crunching within an hour of plugging it in.

Gandolph1
Gandolph1
Joined: 20 Feb 05
Posts: 24
Credit: 39,205,182
RAC: 9,906

mikey wrote: I totally agree

mikey wrote:

I totally agree except I'm not paying anywhere close to twice retail price for a gpu, this is a hobby for me and that means limits. Since the gpu prices have gone thru the roof I have been buying a couple of older pc's with more than 12 cpu cores in them instead. In fact my son is going back to college to get his Masters Degree and wanted one of my pc's so I bought him an off lease HP with an I7-4770(4-8 cores thru HT) with 16gb of ram, a dvd burner and a 1tb harddrive with Win10 recently loaded onto it for $180 including shipping and tax instead. No it doesn't have a crunching gpu in it but it will work for college work and gets him off a laptop which is what he wants. Prior to that I bought a dual Xeon quad core(8-16 cores thru HT) with a 24gb of memory in it for $160 including shipping and taxes. No harddrive this time and again no crunching gpu but I have a bunch of SSD drives with Linux on it and it will be up and crunching within an hour of plugging it in.

Wow, great prices on the hardware!  That 4770 is still plenty fast, and you cant beat that price!

mikey
mikey
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 7,725
Credit: 621,768,629
RAC: 132,632

Gandolph1 wrote: mikey

Gandolph1 wrote:

mikey wrote:

I totally agree except I'm not paying anywhere close to twice retail price for a gpu, this is a hobby for me and that means limits. Since the gpu prices have gone thru the roof I have been buying a couple of older pc's with more than 12 cpu cores in them instead. In fact my son is going back to college to get his Masters Degree and wanted one of my pc's so I bought him an off lease HP with an I7-4770(4-8 cores thru HT) with 16gb of ram, a dvd burner and a 1tb harddrive with Win10 recently loaded onto it for $180 including shipping and tax instead. No it doesn't have a crunching gpu in it but it will work for college work and gets him off a laptop which is what he wants. Prior to that I bought a dual Xeon quad core(8-16 cores thru HT) with a 24gb of memory in it for $160 including shipping and taxes. No harddrive this time and again no crunching gpu but I have a bunch of SSD drives with Linux on it and it will be up and crunching within an hour of plugging it in. 

Wow, great prices on the hardware!  That 4770 is still plenty fast, and you cant beat that price! 

Thanks that's exactly what I thought too.

tullio
tullio
Joined: 22 Jan 05
Posts: 2,080
Credit: 46,743,809
RAC: 14,548

I have a Linux Virtual

I have a Linux Virtual machine on a Windows 10 host. The Virtual Machine cannot use the GTX 1060 of its host so it runs only CPU tasks on  a Ryzen 5 1400 CPU. It has now more than 40 GW pending tasks.

Tullio

ExaGroup
ExaGroup
Joined: 3 Apr 20
Posts: 14
Credit: 497,345,835
RAC: 433,207

You just to need to wait

You just to need to wait Tullio.. like me and my 458 pages of 9130 gw pending. ..

How saying Mikey "GW tasks just don't have many people crunching them and alot of those that are using high speed gpu's so the pendings pile up and up and up"

...Here

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.